We are excited to distribute a community survey: “Assessing the Landscape: Fatherhood Services in San Mateo County“. Please download and complete the survey found here.
Support us when you purchase your Holiday/Christmas Tree or Wreath! Whether it is an annual family tradition or you are starting a new one, head out after Thanksgiving to pick up a holiday tree or wreath at Honey Bear Trees. The Fatherhood Collaborative will receive 15% to total sales when the flyer is presented. Be sure to print the flyer found here and bring with you for your holiday outing. Ah, the scent of fresh pine – smells like the holiday season.
To support the importance of men and fathers taking an active role in the well-being of children and families.
As a policy and advocacy advisory board to the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors, the Fatherhood Collaborative successfully increases the awareness around the importance of fathers as male role models and their significant impact in the participation in child development and family stability. We believe that increased education, awareness and access to services provide family success, improve quality of life and ultimately meet a long term goal of minimizing the demand for county human services. We measure our outcomes through our hosted events (listed below) which aim to engage fathers and increase awareness about the importance of father involvement.
- Dad & Me @ the Library – Literacy program featured at 19 county and municipal libraries which include an interactive puppet show. Dads spend quality time with their children in an enriching environment while learning about the value of reading and libraries.
- Dad & Me @ the Park – Hundreds of fathers, children and families come together the Saturday before Father’s Day for this fun outdoor barbeque that provides educational and resource information to families, brings attention to our mission and acknowledges model organizations and individuals from San Mateo County through the Fatherhood Awards.
- Dad & Me @ the Pool – In partnership with La Petite Baleen Swim Schools, children and their fathers can learn the fundamentals of water safety while staying active and bonding over a fun day at the pool.
- Dads Count Breakfast and Awards Ceremony - The Dads Count Breakfast aims to publicly recognize the importance of men as fathers, grandfathers and mentors to children; honor father friendly businesses; gain support from business, nonprofit and government communities for fatherhood focused activities; and provide an opportunity for networking around fatherhood related issues.
- Fatherhood Conference – a biannual conference to educate the community on fatherhood related issues.