Read our latest newsletter here!
Our mission is to provide a forum to address and support the importance of men and fathers taking an active role in the well being of children and families.
As an advisory board to the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors, the Fatherhood Collaborative successfully increases the awareness around the importance of fathers as male role models and their significant impact in the participation in child development and family stability. We believe that increased education, awareness and access to services provide family success, improve quality of life and ultimately meet a long term goal of minimizing the demand for county human services. We measure our outcomes through our hosted events (listed below) which aim to engage fathers and increase awareness about the importance of father involvement.
- Dad & Me @ the Library – In collaboration with the County Library System, the Fatherhood Collaborative sponsors monthly story-time and father/child engagement activities in libraries throughout the County
- Dad & Me @ the Park – An annual outdoor family friendly event filled with educational resources and activities to actively engage fathers in their children’s lives
- Dad & Me @ the Pool – Through local partnerships, children and their fathers are invited to spend quality time bonding while having fun, staying active and splashing around in the pool.
- Dads Count Breakfast – an annual opportunity to recognize fathers and family friendly businesses
- Fatherhood Conference – a biannual conference to educate the community on fatherhood related issues