Read our latest newsletter here!
Our mission is to provide a forum to address and support the importance of men and fathers taking an active role in the well being of children and families.
As an advisory council to the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors, the Fatherhood Collaborative successfully increases the awareness around the importance of fathers as male role models and their significant impact in the participation in child development and family stability. We believe that increased education, awareness and access to services provide family success, improve quality of life and ultimately meet a long term goal of minimizing the demand for county human services. We measure our outcomes through the following current Fatherhood Collaborative sponsored or partnerships fatherhood engagement activities:
- Dad & Me at the Library - In collaboration with the County Library System, the Fatherhood Collaborative sponsors monthly story-time and father/child engagement activities in libraries throughout the County
- Dad & Me at the Park – An annual outdoor family friendly event filled with educational resources and activities to actively engage fathers in their children’s lives
- Dad & Me at the Pool – Coming Soon!
- Dads Count Breakfast – an annual opportunity to recognize fathers and family friendly businesses
- Fatherhood Conference – an annual conference to educate the community on fatherhood related issues